วันพุธที่ 18 กุมภาพันธ์ พ.ศ. 2558

Forget Me Not Plants – Information On Growing Forget Me Nots

Forget Me Not Plants – Information On Growing Forget Me Nots

forget-me-nots
Image by net_efekt
By Becca Badgett
(Co-author of How to Grow an EMERGENCY Garden)
The true forget me not flower (Myosotis scorpioides) grows on tall, hairy stems which sometimes reach 2 feet in height. Charming, five petaled, blue blooms with yellow centers explode from the stems from May through October. Flower petals are sometimes pink. Forget me not plants often grow near brooks and streams and other bodies of water which offer the high humidity and moisture that is desirable to this species.
The perennial forget me not flower spreads easily, freely self-seeding for more of the wildflower to grow and bloom in shady spots where the tiny seeds may fall. Forget me not flower care is minimal, as with most native wildflowers. Forget me not plants grow best in a damp, shady area, but can adapt to full sun.

Forget Me Not Flower Care

Forget me not flower care will likely include removing these plants from unwanted spaces. While the forget me not flower is attractive in many designs, the free seeding specimen may take over areas where other plants are planned. Use the forget me not plant in areas that are too wet to support the root system of other flowers. Growing forget me nots will include watering those planted in drier areas.
The true forget-me-not plant, Myosotis scorpioides (Myosotis palustris), is native to the U.S., making it a low maintenance addition to the landscape. Fertilize forget me not plants once or twice each season, once in spring and again in autumn, if needed

Places for Growing Forget Me Nots

Understanding how to grow forget me nots leads to their placement in the appropriate area. The specimen is excellent for naturalizing a shady, wooded area. This location allows for the shade and moisture retention needed for optimum performance of this wildflower. Of course, if you have a shady pond or bog area in need of landscaping, use this moisture loving flower there.

ไม่มีความคิดเห็น:

แสดงความคิดเห็น